WSAZ | Huntington, West Virginia | News

Mom, Baby, and Friend Escape Fire

By: WSAZ News Staff Email
By: WSAZ News Staff Email

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A 3-month-old baby girl had to be rescued from a house after the mother smelled smoke.

Renters who lived on the second floor of a house in the 700 block of 11th Avenue in Huntington were packing up their belongings when the mother smelled smoke.

She saw the kitchen on fire and yelled to a friend in the other room to "grab the baby, there's a fire", the mom said. The friend grabbed the baby girl and everyone got out safely.

According to the renters, they were packing and had placed some boxes on the stove which may have accidentally turned the stove on.

Huntington's Fire Chief says the fire was contained to the kitchen which was destroyed. Smoke filled the other rooms on the second floor.

The fire is still under investigation.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 264396701 - wsaz.com/a?a=264396701