Vacant House Destroyed By Fire

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A fire tore through a home that was being remodeled early Saturday morning in Huntington.

The fire happened about 2 a.m. Saturday at a home on 10th Avenue.

Neighbors say they smelled smoke coming from the house. They say no one lives there, but people were remodeling it and planning on moving in.

The West Virginia Fire Marshal believes that's what may have caused the fire. He says it started in the kitchen in the back of the house from a malfunction in the electrical panel.

No one was hurt. The fire has been ruled accidental.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 229362961 -