Minor Fire Closes Burlington Bob Evans for Night

By: WSAZ News Staff Email
By: WSAZ News Staff Email

BURLINGTON, Ohio (WSAZ) -- Dinner was interrupted at one local restaurant when smoke began filling the building.

The Bob Evans in Burlington, Ohio was evacuated Thursday afternoon when a cigarette tossed into the mulch next to the building started a fire that burned though an outside wall, and then spread into a wall of the women’s bathroom.

Firefighters tell WSAZ.com that most of the damage was confined to the bathroom, although the entire restaurant filled with smoke.

No one was hurt and the restaurant is closed for the night.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 247618931 - wsaz.com/a?a=247618931