KENOVA, W.Va. (WSAZ) – With the help of a neighbor, a woman was able to escape a fire that ended up destroying her home.
The fire in the 1700 block of Maple Street in Kenova was reported about 2:45 p.m. Tuesday.
One of two dogs inside the one story wood frame house was able to get out.
The fire also damaged a neighboring house.
The homeowner tells WSAZ.com she believes the fire started in an electrical outlet near the TV in the front part of the house.
A number of fire departments, including Kenova and Ceredo responded to the fire.
Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.