Free Tax PReparation
Date(s): 2/24/2014, 3/2/2014, 3/3/2014
9:00AM - 1:00PM
Cabell County Library Downtown Branch, Huntington, WV
The Financial $tability PartnershipTM of the River Cities is hosting VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) at the Cabell County Public Library on Feb. 22, 2014, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This event will offer Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). Families with a household income below $52,000 are eligible for free tax preparation and may be eligible for an earned income tax credit of up to $6,143, even if no taxes are owed.
IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation to qualified individuals in local communities. They can inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify, such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit and Credit for the Elderly or Disabled.
Individuals need to bring the following items with them:
• Proof of identification (picture I.D.)
• Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration OR Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
• Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
• Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
• Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
• A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
• Proof of bank account routing numbers and accounts for direct deposit, such as a blank check
• Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or provider’s business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
• To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
There are no exceptions to these requirements.
Financial Stability Program
United Way of the River Cities
820 Madison Ave.
Huntington, WV 25704
phone 304.523.8929 ext.111
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/FSPRC