Widespread flooding causes more than 100 road closures
Many roads are closed Monday morning after flooding from heavy weekend rain.
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) - Widespread flooding and high water have closed more than 100 roads in the region and motorists will have to find alternate routes.
Closures in West Virginia include:
- Scarberry Hollow Road; Newman Branch; Little Cabell Creek Road; Fudges Creek Road; Howell Mill Union Ridge; WV 2 at Oak Hill Road.
- Also in Cabell County, the slow lanes of I-64 East at mile marker 10 are shut down due to a mudslide.
- US 60 near Tommy Hall Road; Miller Road; AnJean Road.
- Lower Mud Road.
- Crawley Creek Road from Chapmanville to Tomblin Store
- Crawley Creek Road at Sawmill Road
- Mt. Gay Road; Mud Fork
- Trace Fork.
- Cliff Road; WV 817
- Willow Creek Road
- Crab Creek Road
- Jim Hill Road
- Jericho Road
- Plain Valley Road
- Five Mile Road
- Waterloo Road
- Marrowbone Creek Road.
- Ferrell Road
- Coal River Road past Smith Creek
- Emmons Road
- Georges Run Road of WV 46
- 5028 Elk River Road South
- 2864 Pennsylvania Avenue
- Ronda Road & Cabin Creek Road in Ronda
- Sissonville Driver & Derricks Creek Road in Sissonville
- Maccorkle Avenue SE & Beechwood Run in Pratt
- Elk River Road S & Little Sandy Road in Big Chimney
- Second Avenue & Church Hill in Handley
- Frogs Creek Road & Principal Road in Sissonville
- Maccorkle Avenue SE & Hill Street in Coalburg
- Dry Branch Drive & Cooks Hollow Road in Malden
- Elk River Road N at Queen Road in Clendenin
- Charles Avenue & Carver Street in Institute
- Falcon Drive & Lotus Drive in Sissonville
- Paint Creek Road & Collins Branch Road in Standard
- 2988 Spencer Road in Clendenin
- Coopers Creek Road at Elkgrove Road in Coopers Creek
- 11001 Maccorkle Avenue SE in Marmet
- 3251 Greenbrier Street in Milliken
- Quick Road & S Pinch Road in Pinch
- 600 block of S Ruffner Road in Charleston
- Lens Creek Road in Hernshaw
- Walker Road & Tupper’s Creek Road in Sissonville
- Sissonville Drive at Whisperwood Lane in Sissonville
- Hubbard Road & Rutledge Road in Pinch
- Doctors Creek Road in Clendenin
- Kanawha Boulevard E at the Belle Exit underpass
- Sissonville Drive & Old Mill Road in Sissonville
- Dalewood Drive & Macel Drive in Cross Lanes
- E Dupont Avenue in Shrewsbury
- Spencer Road & Hively Addition Road in Clendenin
- Greenbrier Street & Rutledge Road in Airport Village.
- Harbour Lane; Kelleys Creek Road
- Harmons Creek; Trace Fork Turkey Creek Road
- Clymers Creek Road; Scary Creek Road
- Burns Road
- Buzzard Creek Road
- Poca River Road
- Round Knob Road
- Buff Creek
- Poindexter Road
- Rocky Step Road
- Heizer Creek Road
- Hurricane Creek
- Derricks Creek Road
- Blacklick Run Road
- Eighteen Mile Creek Road
- Bud Lane; Manilla Creek Road
- WV 817 at Tuckers Branch
- WV 34 S in several locations
- WV 34 N at Longview
- North Poplar Fork Road
- Booth Branch
- German Ridge Road
- Cyrus Cemetery Road
- Goodwill Road
- Big Sandy River Road
- WV 152 near Sycamore Road
- Wilson Creek Road
- Plymale Branch.
- Waverly Road
- Old St. Mary’s Pike
- Core Road.
- KY 854 at Rush, in two locations (mile markers 1-2 near KY 1654 intersection and 4-5 near Garner)
- KY 3 near Trace Creek (milepoint 5-6)
- KY 966 just north of KY 3 at Trace (milepoint 1-2)
- KY 5 along Williams Creek near Green Springer Road and near Rockhouse-Old Buckley roads (milepoints 2-3 and 8-9)
- KY 168 near Rockwood-Shadowlawn drives (milepoints 1-2 and 4-5)
- KY 1 north of Grayson, Pactolus to Greenup County (milepoint 13-16)
- KY 1654 near KY 854 at Rush (milepoint 3.3-3.6)
- KY 1910 near I-64 underpass (milepoint 0-2)
- KY 1496 in the Willard area (milepoint 6-8)
- KY 1 just south of Hitchins (milepoint 0-7)
- KY 773 at Hitchins (milepoint 3-5)
- Downtown streets in Martin are closed.
- Route 815 in McDowell is closed.
- Route 1426 blocked at several spots near Abbott Creek
- KY 784 at Kehoe (milepoint 10)
- KY 2 at Warnock near Wagner’s Grocery (milepoints 6-7)
- KY 1, several locations from KY 784 at Lost Creek to Long Branch (milepoint 1-8)
- KY 503 at Naples, from Boyd County line to KY 207 (milepoint 0-5.4)
- KY 7 in the Tygarts Creek valley, possibility of high water today at multiple locations Lewis County
- KY 989 at the AA Highway-KY 9 (milepoint 12-12.6)
- NOTE: US 23 north closed remains between KY 827-Coal Branch and Ohio River Road (mile marker 13), north of Greenup; one lane southbound closed, utility poles, lines down
- Route 23 closed near Lloyd in Greenup county. Traffic asked to detour on 52 and industrial parkway
- Local traffic will be using Ohio river road and coal branch, but there is flooding reported on local roads
- Highway 1760 is closed due to high water.
- Route 40 is closed at the Johnson County School bus garage.
- KY 989 at the AA Highway-KY 9 (milepoint 12-12.6).
- US-52 West beyond California Road
- US-52 East beyond Ellison Lane
- SR-7 in both directions near the 1 mile marker
- SR-218 in both directions
- SR-775 in both directions
- SR-141 in both directions
- SR-233 in both directions
- S.R. 327 north of Pattonsville Rd.
- S.R. 327 between Byers Winter Rd. and Twin Bridge Rd.
- S.R. 124 between Salem Rd. and Hiram West Rd.
- S.R. 775 south of S.R. 217
- S.R. 218 at the Gallia County Line
- SR-93 North at SR-522 to before New Richland Lane
- SR-93 South at Private Road 10472 to before SR-522
- SR-141 West beyond Township Road 110 to before Private Drive 17371
- SR-141 East at Private Drive 80912 to before Township Road 110
- S.R. 141 south of Arabia
- All lanes are closed on SR-775 South beyond SR-217 to before CR-121
- All lanes are closed on SR 775 North at CR-121 TO BEFORE SR-217
- S.R. 220 at River Rd.
- S.R. 124 near Idaho
- SR-348 West beyond Rarden Hazelbaker Road
- SR-348 East at Left Fork Road
- S.R. 140 at the Lawrence County Line
- S.R. 239 at the U.S. 52 overpass.
- S.R. 73 near the village of Rarden
Copyright 2021 WSAZ. All rights reserved.