College Cooking 101 with Sarah Long
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) - High School graduates are getting ready to go off to school in a few months and we have the perfect book to get to better prepare for dorm living.
Sarah Long, author of College Cooking 101, shares some easy and quick recipes that are dorm friendly.
Tim, Susan and Sarah made some of the quick recipes from her book:
Omelet in a Mug:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon diced ham or any meat of your choice
- 1 tablespoon green pepper
- 1 3/4 tablespoon of grated cheese
- Spray mug with cooking oil so the omelet will not stick to the mug. Crack egg into mug and mix well with 1 tablespoon of water. Add ham, peppers and cheese; Stir again. Cook 30 seconds in microwave, stir and then cook again for 30 seconds.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie:
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries
- Blend all the ingredients together.
Copyright 2021 WSAZ. All rights reserved.