Advertisement

House fire caused by burning mattress

Investigators say a burning mattress is suspected in a Charleston house fire from Friday night.
Investigators say a burning mattress is suspected in a Charleston house fire from Friday night.(WSAZ/Blake Whitener)
Published: Jul. 30, 2021 at 9:12 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) - Crews responded Friday night to a house fire in the 1300 block of Grant Street.

It was reported around 7:40 p.m. Friday.

According to the Charleston Fire Department, the cause of the fire was due to a burning mattress. No one was injured, and no one was home at the time of the fire.

Due to the cause, crews said the fire is considered suspicious.

Keep checking the WSAZ app for the latest information.

Copyright 2021 WSAZ. All rights reserved.