Several animals die in house fire
ST. ALBANS, W.Va. (WSAZ) - Several animals have died in a house fire in St. Albans Saturday afternoon, according to firefighters.
The fire was reported just before 4 p.m. on 7th Avenue.
Lieutenant Chris Collins says no one was inside the house. He says the fire started in the kitchen near the stove.
Collins says an investigation is underway. The Red Cross was contacted and will assist those who live in the home. After disaster kits were provided.
Crews rescued a dog that was they say was malnourished, but four cats died.
Firefighters had the 400 to 600 block of Kanawha Terrace closed while they put out the fire.
The road has since reopened.
One woman was transported to the hospital for non-fire related issues.
Copyright 2022 WSAZ. All rights reserved.