WSAZ, the dominant #1 station in Charleston-Huntington, WV, is looking for a full-time Evening Assignment Editor who can also fill in to produce newscasts. The position is based in our Charleston newsroom. The ideal candidate must be able to multi-task and work under deadline pressure.
* Develop stories and gather information by maintaining contact with sources, including police and government agencies.
* Respond aggressively to breaking news.
Write news stories for newscasts and web, and post to social media platforms.
* Coordinate crews in the field and communicate updates to news staff and management.
* Help manage news planner.
* Fill in to produce other newscasts, as needed.
Skills, experience and education:
* BA in Journalism or related field.
* Previous experience in a newsroom.
* Must be versed in broadcast and digital writing styles.
* Must be able to work evenings.
* Ability to handle high stress and deadline pressure.
Qualify applicants should apply at:
Gray participated in E-Verify
Televisión gris participa en E-Verify
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
For more information about Gray and the markets in which we operate, see our website at www.gray.tv/careers.