WSAZ-TV, located in Charleston-Huntington, WV, has an immediate opening for a part-time Video Journalist. The candidate must work well with reporters as well as on their own in telling great stories.
* Shoot and edit video for newscasts and digital platforms.
* Work with reporters on assigned stories.
* Work alone when assigned, including doing interviews.
* Maintain camera equipment and company vehicle.
* Operate TVU backpack and IP live truck as assigned.
*Present a professional image as a representative of the station.
* Help maintain positive work environment and attitude through active team participation.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* Must be able to work flexible days and hours.
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs of equipment.
* Ability to handle moderate to high stress and deadline pressure.
* Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
* College degree in broadcasting, journalism or related field preferred.
No phone calls please
GRAY TELEVISION PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
Televisión gris participa en E-Verify
Gray Television (NYSE: GTN) is a television broadcast company headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, that is one of the largest owners of television stations in 91 television markets broadcasting almost 400 affiliates including nearly 150 affiliates of the CBS/NBC/ABC/FOX networks, as well as other networks and program streams.. Well-known for its creative culture as for its operations, Gray employs people who are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Gray offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental and life insurance, profit sharing, discount stock purchase plans and a 401(K) contribution plan. For further information, please visit www.gray.tv.