Advertisement

UPDATE: Fire damages commercial garage in Kanawha County

(WSAZ)
Published: Nov. 29, 2018 at 5:35 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
UPDATE 11/29/18 @ 9:55 p.m.

Fire extensively damaged the interior of a commercial garage in the Nitro area, city Police Chief Bobby Eggleston said.

It happened around 5 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of First Avenue South, temporarily closing state Route 25 in that area.

Eggleston said the cause of the fire appears to be a vehicle that was plugged in and shorted out.

The garage was being used to store several vehicles. Investigators say the building housing the business was built earlier this year.


ORIGINAL STORY 11/29/18

Crews from multiple fire departments are on the scene Thursday evening of a commercial garage fire in the Nitro area, Metro 911 dispatchers say.

State Route 25 is closed in that area near the 700 block of First Avenue South.

The garage and several vehicles inside are on fire, dispatchers say. It was reported around 5 p.m.

Crews from Poca, Teays Valley and Nitro fire departments are on the scene. We also have a crew there.

Keep checking the WSAZ App and WSAZ.com for the latest information.