UPDATE | No injuries in Nitro crematorium fire

KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- UPDATE @ 12 p.m.
The St. Albans Fire Department arrived on scene at Cooke Crematorium in Nitro and successfully put out a fire Tuesday.

Emergency crews are in Nitro fighting a fire at a crematorium.

Staff at the Crematorium tell WSAZ that during a cremation, body fat of the corpse spilled onto their concrete floor and caught fire.

The staff members were able to contain the fire with two fire extinguishers until emergency crews could arrive.

There were no injuries in the incident.

ORIGINAL STORY 10/1/19 @ 11:05 a.m.
Emergency crews are in Nitro fighting a fire at a crematorium.

Metro 911 dispatchers say the fire started in the 2000 block of 20th Street.

There is no word on injuries at this time.

We have a crew headed to the scene.

Keep checking the WSAZ app for the latest information.