UPDATE: Fire destroys ambulance, causes over $100,000 in damage

Published: Feb. 20, 2016 at 4:13 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
UPDATE 2/20/16 @ 8:05 p.m.

MILTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A Putnam County ambulance was destroyed after a fire on Saturday afternoon.

Two employees were returning to Cabell Huntington Hospital after dropping off a patient. They noticed engine problems at around 2:00 p.m. They exited the interstate in Milton, when a fire started in the front of the ambulance.

There were no patients inside the vehicle and nobody was injured.

The vehicle was a total loss. It is estimated the damage caused by the fire was over $100,000.

The City of Charleston Fire and EMS and Kanawha County Ambulance Authority have offered to loan an ambulance and necessary equipment while Putnam County EMS work to replace the vehicle.


MILTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) – A fire destroyed an ambulance, causing over $100,000 worth of damages on Saturday.

Two Putnam County EMS employees were inside the ambulance, when they noticed the vehicle was overheating at around 2:00 p.m.

The driver pulled the ambulance over at the Go Mart on Johns Creek Road in Milton. The ambulance started smoking and then caught fire. The vehicle was engulfed in flames within minutes.

There were no patients in the vehicle at the time, and nobody was hurt.

Officials told WSAZ there was well over $100,000 worth of damage caused by the fire.