Heavy rain has closed several roads and forced some schools to dismiss early in Ohio and Kentucky.
State Route 775 in Lawrence County is closed between C.R. 64 (Venisonham Camp Branch Road) and S.R. 141 due to flooding.
Also, S.R. 239 at West Portsmouth and S.R. 73 East at the U.S. 52/S.R. 852 overpasses in Scioto County are closed.
Several roads in Pedro, Ohio, including Route 93, are blocked due to water covering the road.
Also, in Gallia County, several roads are closed due to high water.
• SR 141 between the Lawrence County line and SR 233
• SR 218 between the Lawrence County line and SR 790
• SR 218 between SR 790 and SR 7
• SR 554 between SR 160 and SR 7
• SR 775 between the Lawrence County line and SR 141
• SR 850 between SR 588 and SR 554
The following routes in Vinton County are impacted by high water:
• US 50 between SR 671 and SR 683 (restricted)
• SR 124 between the Jackson County line and SR 160 west (restricted)
• SR 160 between SR 324 and SR 349 (restricted)
• SR 278 between US 50 and SR 677 (closed)
• SR 278 between SR 677 and the Hocking County line (restricted)
• SR 328 between SR 93 and SR 56 (restricted)
• SR 677 between US 50 and SR 278 (restricted)
According to the Wellston City School District, students at Bundy Elementary and Wellston Intermediate students were sent home due to flooding.
Wellston Middle School and Wellston High School students will be released between 9:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
In Kentucky, the under tunnels between Raceland and Worthington will be closed due to flooding.
WSAZ has a crew headed to these areas. Keep clicking on the WSAZ App and WSAZ.com for the latest information.