JACKSON COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- A house was destroyed Friday morning by an explosion.
This home was destroyed in an explosion Friday morning near state Route 93 in Coalton, Ohio.
It happened near state Route 93 in Coalton, Ohio.
Neighbors were faced with an early wake-up call as Coalton Volunteer Fire Department crews were called to the scene around 5:30 a.m. on Friday for reports of an explosion.
"When I came outside to call 911. He could see the flames and it had to be at least 200 feet in the air because the building that separated it. And all he could see was the sky lit up the whole town was covered in smoke, and they didn't know what was going on," said neighbor Dorthy Milliken.
"Well I was sound asleep and so was my brother-in-law, Jerry. It woke us both up which scared my chihuahuas," said neighbor Debra Bethel.
There were reports of no injuries as the homeowners were already at work.
Columbia Gas Company of Ohio says it wasn't their equipment that sparked the explosion, leaving the Fire Marshal to figure out what the cause was.
"We shut down the gas to the house and we checked the surrounding area," said Columbia Gas Communications Manager Dave Bau. "There are no leaks. We found no leaks; the neighborhood is safe. "
Neighbors are grateful no one was hurt.
"It's just really sad that they lost everything. I feel for them," Bethel said.