KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Three inmates from the South Central Regional Jail were taken to a local hospital overnight, according to the Charleston Fire Department. There is no confirmation on why they were taken to the hospital.
Firefighters say there was a possible gas leak inside of the jail, but they could not find it. They tell us the gas was turned off to the jail as the investigation into what happened is ongoing.
We do not know the conditions of the inmates taken to the hospital.
Keep checking WSAZ.com and the WSAZ App for the latest information.