WSAZ-TV in Huntington-Charleston, W.Va. seeks a Digital Executive Producer to help take its highly-successful digital and social products to the next level.
Candidates for this position must be aggressive, creative and innovative in how they approach all aspects of news content and technology. The ideal candidate will have strong a sense of ownership over all aspects of this position, including all of WSAZ’s digital platforms. We are looking for an impact player who never quits, pushes the product forward, challenges others to be at the top of their game and has high expectations for himself or herself and others.
Daily duties will include overseeing and editing content for the station’s web, mobile and social media sites, helping the newsroom with technological advances, training users on equipment and software, developing effective workflow plans for the newsroom, writing news stories, editing and uploading video and assisting with general newsroom duties. Some travel between cities may be required.
• A minimum 2 years of daily news experience
• Experience with a web content management system
• In-depth knowledge of web, mobile and social media content, best practices and analytics
• Understanding of information technology, networks and Windows-based programming
• Ability to write well in both broadcast and web (AP style) formats
• Ability to edit video
• Understanding of legalities with regard to television and digital content
• Ability to work in a team environment and under continuous deadlines
• Familiar with newsroom computer systems
• A college degree
No phone calls please
GRAY TELEVISION PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
Televisión gris participa en E-Verify
Gray Television (NYSE: GTN) is a television broadcast company headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, that is one of the largest owners of television stations in 91 television markets broadcasting almost 400 affiliates including nearly 150 affiliates of the CBS/NBC/ABC/FOX networks, as well as other networks and program streams.. Well-known for its creative culture as for its operations, Gray employs people who are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Gray offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental and life insurance, profit sharing, discount stock purchase plans and a 401(K) contribution plan. For further information, please visit www.gray.tv.