WSAZ-TV, a dominant #1 station, is looking for a full-time multimedia journalist. We are seeking a reporter that is passionate about the art of storytelling through crafted scripts, compelling interviews, creative video, meaningful natural sound and skilled editing. We want someone assertive and works to uncover news, not merely cover it. The candidate must be able to ask the tough questions but also someone who can connect with people and tell stories about the human condition. The candidate should have strong reporting and shooting skills, leadership qualities, solid news judgment and the ability to multitask.
• Present information in a fair, unbiased manner, insuring the information is accurate and of interest to viewers.
• Develop story ideas to present in morning/afternoon news meeting.
• Eager to report, go live, onset debrief of story
• You must have strong writing, shooting and editing skills, ability to post stories to the web and read from a computer monitor
• Willing to work with our news consultant to develop on-air look and presence
• Work contacts and establish self in beat counties and community
• Always present a professional image as a representative of WSAZ-TV
• Ability to handle moderate stress on a regular basis, meet daily and long range deadlines, work well with others in a team atmosphere and contribute meaningful content daily.
• Candidate should have a degree in Journalism or related field
• 1-2 years of experience is preferred.
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray TV participates in E-Verify
Televisión gris participa en E-Verify