Ceiling fan sparks fire at home in eastern Kanawha County

KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A ceiling fan is to blame for a house fire in eastern Kanawha County.

The fire broke out around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday morning at a home on Eskins Ave. in Chelyan.

Firefighters say it appears the ceiling fan caught fire, however, crews with the East Bank Fire Department quickly responded and were able to put it out.

The damage was minor and was contained to the inside of the home.

Crews say two people were inside when the fire broke out.

They were able to make it out.

No injures were reported.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus