Transformer Fire Fills Apartments with Smoke in St. Albans

By  | 

KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A transformer issue caused smoke to fill an apartment building near St. Albans.

A possible fire was reported just before 8 a.m. Thursday at Indian Head Apartment Building.

Firefighters say a transformer caught on fire and the smoke went through the electrical outlets and filled several apartments.

Crews with American Electric Power are on the scene making repairs to the transformer.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus