Kansas vs. Howard Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament First Round
Thursday's contest features the Kansas Jayhawks (27-7) and the Howard Bison (22-12) squaring off at Wells Fargo Arena in what is expected to be a lopsided matchup, with a projected 80-64 win for heavily favored Kansas according to our computer prediction. Game time is at 2:00 PM ET on March 16.
Based on our computer prediction, Howard projects to cover the 21.5-point spread in its matchup against Kansas. The over/under has been set at 145.5, and the two teams are projected to go under that total.
Kansas vs. Howard Game Info & Odds
- Date: Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV: TBS
- Where: Des Moines, Iowa
- Venue: Wells Fargo Arena
- Line: Kansas -21.5
- Point Total: 145.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Kansas -5000, Howard +1600
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Kansas vs. Howard Score Prediction
- Prediction: Kansas 80, Howard 64
Spread & Total Prediction for Kansas vs. Howard
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU:
Kansas has a 14-17-0 record against the spread so far this season compared to Howard, who is 16-12-0 ATS. The Jayhawks are 14-17-0 and the Bison are 15-13-0 in terms of hitting the over. The two teams combine to score 150.4 points per game, 4.9 more points than this matchup's total. In the past 10 games, Kansas is 6-4 against the spread and 8-2 overall while Howard has gone 6-4 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Kansas Performance Insights
- The Jayhawks are outscoring opponents by 7.0 points per game with a +238 scoring differential overall. They put up 74.9 points per game (105th in college basketball) and give up 67.9 per outing (115th in college basketball).
- Kansas records 33.2 rebounds per game (89th in college basketball) while allowing 32.0 per contest to its opponents. It outrebounds opponents by 1.2 boards per game.
- Kansas connects on 7.0 three-pointers per game (222nd in college basketball), while its opponents have made 6.4 on average.
- The Jayhawks record 95.2 points per 100 possessions (139th in college basketball), while giving up 86.3 points per 100 possessions (53rd in college basketball).
- Kansas has committed 12.1 turnovers per game (211th in college basketball action), 1.4 fewer than the 13.5 it forces on average (70th in college basketball).
Howard Performance Insights
- The Bison are outscoring opponents by 3.6 points per game, with a +120 scoring differential overall. They put up 75.5 points per game (86th in college basketball) and give up 71.9 per outing (236th in college basketball).
- Howard records 32.5 rebounds per game (129th in college basketball) while conceding 29.1 per outing to opponents. It outrebounds opponents by 3.4 boards per game.
- Howard makes 8.0 three-pointers per game (104th in college basketball), while its opponents have made 7.2 on average.
- Howard forces 15.1 turnovers per game (23rd in college basketball) while committing 15.8 (362nd in college basketball).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.