West Virginia vs. Maryland: Betting Trends, Record ATS, Home/Road Splits - First Round
The No. 9 seed West Virginia Mountaineers (19-14) are favored (-2.5) to knock off the No. 8 seed Maryland Terrapins (21-12) in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday at Legacy Arena at BJCC. The matchup starts at 12:15 PM on CBS. Here are some insights into this South Region contest for those filling out their brackets. The matchup has an over/under of 137.5.
West Virginia vs. Maryland Odds & Info
- Date: Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Time: 12:15 PM ET
- TV: CBS
- Where: Birmingham, Alabama
- Venue: Legacy Arena at BJCC
Bet with the King of Sportsbooks! Check out the latest odds and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook.
West Virginia Betting Records & Stats
- West Virginia's 31 games this season have gone over this contest's total of 137.5 points 25 times.
- The average total in West Virginia's outings this year is 147.3, 9.8 more than this matchup's over/under.
- So far this season, the Mountaineers have put together a 17-14-0 record against the spread.
- This season, West Virginia has won 14 out of the 17 games, or 82.4%, in which it has been favored.
- This season, West Virginia has won 14 of its 15 games, or 93.3%, when favored by at least -140 on the moneyline.
- West Virginia has a 58.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
West Virginia vs. Maryland Over/Under Stats
|Games Over 137.5||% of Games Over 137.5||Average PPG||Combined Average PPG||Average Opponent PPG||Combined Average Opponent PPG||Average Total|
Additional West Virginia Insights & Trends
- West Virginia has a 6-4 record against the spread while finishing 5-5 overall over its past 10 contests.
- Six of Mountaineers' past 10 games have gone over the total.
- The Mountaineers score 76.3 points per game, 13.1 more points than the 63.2 the Terrapins allow.
- West Virginia has a 16-9 record against the spread and an 18-9 record overall when putting up more than 63.2 points.
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
West Virginia vs. Maryland Betting Splits
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
West Virginia vs. Maryland Home/Away Splits
|9-6-0||Home ATS Record||11-4-0|
|5-6-0||Away ATS Record||4-6-0|
|79.4||Points Scored Per Game (Home)||74.6|
|71.6||Points Scored Per Game (Away)||62.5|
|10-5-0||Over-Under-Push Record (Home)||7-8-0|
|7-4-0||Over-Under-Push Record (Away)||2-8-0|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.