Reds vs. Cardinals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 23
Paul DeJong takes a two-game homer streak into the St. Louis Cardinals' (21-28) game versus the Cincinnati Reds (20-27) at 6:40 PM ET on Tuesday, at Great American Ball Park.
The Cardinals will give the nod to Adam Wainwright (1-0, 5.74 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 2 on the season, and the Reds will counter with Graham Ashcraft (2-2, 4.84 ERA).
Reds vs. Cardinals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: BSOH
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Venue: Great American Ball Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Wainwright - STL (1-0, 5.74 ERA) vs Ashcraft - CIN (2-2, 4.84 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Cardinals vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cardinals vs Reds Player Props|
|Cardinals vs Reds Prediction|
|How to Watch Cardinals vs Reds|
|Cardinals vs Reds Odds|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Graham Ashcraft
- The Reds will send Ashcraft (2-2) out to make his 10th start of the season. He is 2-2 with a 4.84 ERA and 36 strikeouts in 48 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander's last time out came on Wednesday against the Colorado Rockies, when he tossed five innings, surrendering seven earned runs while giving up 10 hits.
- In nine games this season, the 25-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.84, with 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .255 against him.
- Ashcraft has five quality starts under his belt this season.
- Ashcraft is aiming for his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.3 innings per start.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Adam Wainwright
- Wainwright (1-0) will take to the mound for the Cardinals and make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Thursday, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings while giving up two earned runs on five hits in a matchup with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The 41-year-old has pitched to a 5.74 ERA this season with 4.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.9 walks per nine across three games.
- Wainwright will look to finish five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.