Reds vs. Cardinals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 24
The St. Louis Cardinals (22-28) will look for Nolan Gorman to extend a 13-game hitting streak versus the Cincinnati Reds (20-28) on Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET, at Great American Ball Park.
The probable pitchers are Steven Matz (0-5) for the Cardinals and Ben Lively (1-2) for the Reds.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Reds vs. Cardinals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: BSOH
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Venue: Great American Ball Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Matz - STL (0-5, 5.05 ERA) vs Lively - CIN (1-2, 2.45 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Cardinals vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cardinals vs Reds Player Props|
|Cardinals vs Reds Prediction|
|How to Watch Cardinals vs Reds|
|Cardinals vs Reds Odds|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Ben Lively
- Lively (1-2) gets the starting nod for the Reds, his second of the season.
- His last appearance came on Friday against the New York Yankees, when the righty threw 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up two hits.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of just .175 against him this season. He has a 2.45 ERA and 8.2 strikeouts per nine innings over his three games.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Steven Matz
- The Cardinals will hand the ball to Matz (0-5) for his 10th start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up no earned runs and allowed six hits in 4 2/3 innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 5.05, a 2.39 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.619 in nine games this season.
- Matz has not earned a quality start in nine starts this season.
- In nine starts this season, Matz has lasted five or more innings seven times, with an average of 5.1 innings per appearance.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.