Phillies vs. Mets Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 22
The New York Mets (71-82) will look to Mark Vientos, currently on a two-game homer streak, against the Philadelphia Phillies (84-69) at 7:05 PM ET on Friday, at Citizens Bank Park.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Phillies will send Taijuan Walker (15-5) to the mound, while Tylor Megill (8-8) will get the nod for the Mets.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Phillies vs. Mets Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 22, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: Apple TV+
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Venue: Citizens Bank Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Walker - PHI (15-5, 4.45 ERA) vs Megill - NYM (8-8, 4.94 ERA)
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Taijuan Walker
- The Phillies will hand the ball to Walker (15-5) for his 30th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw seven innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, giving up five earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 4.45 and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .244 in 29 games this season.
- In 29 starts this season, he's earned 10 quality starts.
- Walker has 17 starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has made 29 appearances and finished three of them without allowing an earned run.
Taijuan Walker vs. Mets
- The Mets rank 20th in MLB with 676 runs scored this season. They have a .239 batting average this campaign with 202 home runs (11th in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Mets in two games, and they have gone 5-for-35 with a double, two home runs and four RBI over 10 innings.
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tylor Megill
- Megill (8-8) takes the mound first for the Mets in his 24th start of the season. He's put together a 4.94 ERA in 113 2/3 innings pitched, with 92 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Saturday, the right-hander went 5 2/3 innings against the Cincinnati Reds, allowing two earned runs while surrendering nine hits.
- The 28-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.94, with 7.3 strikeouts per nine innings in 23 games this season. Opponents are hitting .292 against him.
- Megill has four quality starts under his belt this season.
- Megill is trying for his fifth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.9 innings per start.
- In two of his appearances this season he has not allow an earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.