Reds vs. Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 22
Joshua Palacios brings a two-game homer streak into the Pittsburgh Pirates' (72-81) game versus the Cincinnati Reds (79-75) at 6:40 PM ET on Friday, at Great American Ball Park.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Reds will send Andrew Abbott (8-5) to the mound, while Andre Jackson (1-3) will get the nod for the Pirates.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Reds vs. Pirates Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 22, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: BSOH
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Venue: Great American Ball Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Abbott - CIN (8-5, 3.68 ERA) vs Jackson - PIT (1-3, 5.40 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Reds vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Reds vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Reds vs Pirates|
|Reds vs Pirates Odds|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Andrew Abbott
- The Reds will hand the ball to Abbott (8-5) for his 20th start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed six hits in 3 2/3 innings against the New York Mets.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in 19 games this season with a 3.68 ERA and 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .231.
- He has earned a quality start nine times in 19 starts this season.
- Abbott has 13 starts of five or more innings this season in 19 chances. He averages 5.4 innings per outing.
- He has five appearances with no earned runs allowed in 19 chances this season.
Andrew Abbott vs. Pirates
- The Pirates are batting .237 this season, 27th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .391 (24th in the league) with 151 home runs.
- The Pirates have gone 4-for-21 with a double, a home run and two RBI in 5 2/3 innings this season against the left-hander.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Andre Jackson
- Jackson (1-3) takes the mound first for the Pirates in his sixth start of the season. He's put together a 5.40 ERA in 55 2/3 innings pitched, with 49 strikeouts.
- His last time out was out of the bullpen on Sunday when the righty tossed 4 1/3 innings against the New York Yankees, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 5.40, with 8 strikeouts per nine innings in 16 games this season. Opponents have a .233 batting average against him.
- So far this season, Jackson has not recorded a quality start.
- Jackson has pitched five or more innings in a game two times this year heading into this outing.
- He has made five appearances this season in which he did not give up an earned run.
Andre Jackson vs. Reds
- He will face a Reds offense that ranks 11th in the league with 720 total runs scored while batting .247 as a unit. His opponent has a collective .410 slugging percentage (17th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 178 home runs (16th in the league).
- Jackson has pitched 3 2/3 innings, giving up three earned runs on five hits while striking out five against the Reds this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.